Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Johnny Depp’s vampire meditation

Johnny Depp meditates in a room full of vampire memorabilia.

Depp is fascinated by the mythical blood-sucking creatures, and has a space in his London home full of items relating to them.

A source explained to National Enquirer magazine: “Johnny uses the room to relax, meditate and be alone.”

Among the items in the space are masks, capes, posters, fangs and a rare copy of Bram Stoker’s novel ‘Dracula’.

Johnny, 46, has previously admitted he is fascinated by vampires, claiming he found 60s supernatural show ‘Dark Shadows’ enthralling.

He said: “Barnabas Collins from ‘Dark Shadows’ was a huge obsession of mine. I loved Barnabas Collins more than I loved the Harlem Globetrotters.

“I wanted to be Barnabas Collins so much that I found a ring, it was probably one of my mother’s rings, and I wore it on this finger, and I tried to comb my hair like Barnabas Collins, and I was trying to figure out how I could get fangs. It really had a heavy impact on me, a heavy influence on me.”

No comments: